The Quest: When the fires smoldered in the belly of an ancient red dragon tyrant, and his thirst had been slaked by the blood of countless innocents, the old wyrm made a deal with a succubus to spawn him a son and ensure his name would live forever. The demon held true, though she imbued the wyrmling with her own infernal blood. Those who fear and serve the abominable spawn of this pact know him as the Wyrm Prince.
Cast into the abyss centuries ago by the legendary Three-River Paladin, the Wyrm Prince licked his wounds and recovered his strength. The Three-River Paladin has passed into legend, and the Wyrm Prince has resurfaced, his vengeance awakened along with his hunger. The Wyrm Prince sacked the high city Zhaldanis, slaying its people and claiming the greatest gift from the gods — the Soulstone. At this late hour, you must venture into the catacombs of the Wyrm Prince before he claims the power of the stone and all mortal souls are damned!
Requirements to Play:
- You are a first-time player who has not yet attempted the adventure.
- You're able to post 2 times a week, minimum.
- You've made peace with the idea of your dungeoneer dying in horrible ways, but know in your heart of hearts that a smart game player just might survive.
How to Apply:
Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the words "Wyrm Prince Fourthcore" somewhere in the subject line. Attach to the email a first-level dungeoneer (the dnd4e file) created through WotC's online Character Builder.
Character Build Instructions:
- First level character created through WotC's online character builder
- All races/classes that the online character builder allows
- Use the normal character build options for equipment
- No offline character builder characters
- No backgrounds or themes
- No setting specifics (i.e., dragonmarks)
- No magic items
I will be using iplay4e to keep track of characters, so the dnd4e file works great.
- Estimated start date for this adventure is Monday, Februrary 4, 2013. That gives you two weeks to create and send me a character sheet.
- When played at the table, this adventure normally has a time limit of 4 hours. To emulate this, the play-by-blog will also have a time limit. You must complete the adventure by Friday, May 31, 2013. This is a more generous time limit than I've given in the past, but trust me, the time will fly.
- When creating your dungeoneer, keep in mind that this adventure will have NO extended rests. The entire game takes place in one evening, game time.
Looking forward to your submissions! Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below.