|Greetings mortal, are you ready to die?|
image source: http://highdarktemplar.deviantart.com
The Quest: None know from where the Heresiarch first came, but all remember the night
that it did. It rode down from the bleeding stars on a great serpent, hurling bolts of obsidian lightning that shattered the monuments and capitols of every nation. Its infernal army swept aside the defenses of the mortal empires in a single hour, decimating legions once thought to be the invincible fist of humanity's god-kings.
Faceless priests - each bearing the symbol of the trident - drifted through the fallen cities and scorched villages on a frigid wind, and when they rose to greet the huddled men and women ringed by their festering, bloated dead, they spoke a single, simple offer: worship the Heresiarch or die.
Thousands of crusaders fell tonight so that you might be given this chance. In a last stand that, for the first time, united all of the empires of humanity as brothers and sisters, a way was cleared into an infernal stronghold said to contain a gate to the Heresiarch’s fane. All is silent save for the clangor of distant battle. Surrounded by grim-faced knights and teary-eyed peasants – their hands clasped in desperate hope – you step through the glowing, churning doorway, knowing there will be no help and likely no return.
Requirements to Play:
- You are a first-time player who has not yet attempted the adventure.
- You've read the Player Handout.
- You're able to post 2-3 times a week, minimum.
- You've made peace with the idea of your dungeoneer dying in horrible ways, but know in your heart of hearts that a smart game player just might survive.
How to Apply:
Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject line of, "He kills in silence after prayers" containing a sixth-level dungeoneer (the dnd4e file) created through WotC's online Character Builder. No backgrounds or themes. Nothing setting specific (i.e., dragonmarks).
Addendum: I will also allow crusaders from the official pre-gens to be used. The zip file for these six pregens can be found here.
- Estimated start date for this adventure is Tuesday, September 4, 2012. That gives you one week to get me a character sheet.
- When played at the table, this adventure normally has a time limit of 5 hours. To emulate this, the play-by-blog will also have a time limit. You must complete the adventure by Wednesday, November 21, 2012 (the day before the US Thanksgiving holiday).
- When creating your dungeoneer, keep in mind that this adventure will have NO extended rests. The entire game takes place in one evening, game time.
Looking forward to your submissions! Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below.