Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crucible of the Gods: Lair of the Ruach

Placing the skull of Lyth into the wall-indentation, the relief crumbles away to reveal a swirling silver portal. Each one of you prepares mentally and physically for the battle ahead, taking a moment to steel your nerves and ready your weapons.

One by one, you step into the portal.
You begin in area just north of the portal (G7 to I9)

You find yourself in a labyrinth. Smooth, almost flawless obsidian walls jut from the broken sandstone floor of this mazelike lair. A violet-colored portal is behind you, possibly the very one you stepped through. There are torches lining the walls at even intervals, lighting the way. A searing wind whips through occasionally, but the torches do not extinguish.

Looking to your right (east), you see a 8' high obelisk glowing with divine markings and mystic sigils. You recognize this object as an Obelisk of Power!
Obelisk of Power: As a standard action, a dungeoneer adjacent to the obelisk can absorb the power of the obelisk. The dungeoneer loses a healing surge, but recharges all uses of an encounter power they’ve expended.
You hear a voice carried over the wind, a woman's voice. She teases, "Die and die and die again, we'll drown this world before night's end."

OOC: From this point on, no new dungeoneers may join the party. Combat begins immediately. You must stay with strict Standard/Move/Minor/Action Point processing. Begin Round 1, and may the odds be ever in your favor. -MilwaukeeJoe

23 comments:

  1. OOC: We can still get the "short rest" stuff done in this round, wanted to get this post out while I had free time during lunch. Post took longer than expected, will try to get the updated treasures and vitals up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOC: Is the Obelisk of Power a one use thing, a once per PC thing, or a use multiple times thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: It's as many times as you want, provided you have the surges and the time.

      Delete
  3. OOC: Oh shit...
    [Selvantis]

    His palms damp around the hilts of his blades, the ranger scans the room, piercing the gloomy surroundings with his feline eyes. His muscles sing with nervous tension as he keeps on his toes, ready to strike at anything that comes his way.

    Tech: readied action immediate melee attack, +7 vs AC 1d8+6/1d8+6

    ReplyDelete
  4. [Arden]

    Arden knew when he entered the Crucible that it could be his doom, and the close brush with a death of stone has made him very mindful of his mortality. He raises his orb and concentrates his arcane senses through it to feel the energies in the room.

    Tech: Arcana +11 to get a general feel for the energies in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [Selvantis]
    Selvantis is ready for anything!

    [Arden]
    Arden detects a very strong aura of magic somewhere directly north of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. [Hanar]
    Hanar takes a deep breath and raises his mace, unlease one of his more powerful runes upon whatever is awaiting them.

    Tech: Readying Anvil of Battle +6 vs Fort 1d10 + 5 (+2 for boon) damage
    On hit: Hanar gains resist 5 until end of next turn
    Rune of Destruction Until the end of your next turn, whenever the target shifts, you or an ally adjacent to you can make an opportunity attack against it with a bonus to the attack roll equal to your Constitution modifier.

    OOC: Also, Hanar would like to do a short rest to burn a healing surge. That should give him 9 more points, right? With the +2 to surge value?

    ReplyDelete
  7. [Hanar]
    Hanar feels invigorated for battle!

    Tech: (in the short rest) now at 27 hp and 5 surges remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. [Tak-tha]
    Twirling both of his blades around in his grasp, Tak-tha slowly steps up, taking point into the room. His senses are on high alert for whatever a Ruach might be.

    Tech
    Still in Aspect of the Soaring Hawk

    Move along H column to H2
    Perception +12, Dungeoneering +10 to inspect the ground and the two hidden areas for traps and/or goodies

    ReplyDelete
  9. [Ashton]
    After administering his magitek healing to those who want it, Ashton carefully slides his syringes back into place. He draws his blade, which he whirls around his person, creating a fiery nimbus of warding. Grinning with anticipation, he steps through the portal.

    Ashton applies a salve to Tak-tha's armor, then listens carefully to the fell voice on the wind. A moment later he moves cautiously toward the center of the room.

    Tech: anyone who wishes to can add an additional +2 to their surge in the short rest, and make Ashton pay for it.

    Perception +8, History +10 to identify the voice/direction of the voice.

    Minor: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula on Tak-tha
    •  
    Effect: target gains +1 power bonus to AC UEoE.
    •   They can end this effect as a free action to gain temp HP equal to their surge value + my Con mod (+3)
    Move: to L-7, unless something appears first
    Standard: ready an action: Thundering Armor on the first crusader with an enemy adjacent to them.
    •  
    Close Burst 10
    •  
    Effect: target gains +1 power bonus to AC UENT.
    •  
    Attack: +4 vs Fort against creature adjacent to primary target.
    •  
    Hit: 1d8+4 thunder damage, and push 1 square away from primary target.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOC: Treasures tab is updated. Please check it over and make sure it's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOC: Vitals tab updated. Please check it over and make sure it's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOC: Tak-tha has a Time Bomb magic item that is no longer listed in the Teasures tab, and the +2 to NAC defenses from the Talisman isn't listed in his extras on the vitals tab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: Fixed. Timebomb of the Ancients now appears in Tak-tha's treasure list, as well as the +2 to Fort/Ref/Will on the Vitals tab.

      Delete
  13. Nevdor sneaks forward, moving column to column, looking for the terrible Ruach.

    Tech:
    Sneak to G5 (move action), do I spot anything in the "???" covered areas? Stealth +9, Perception +5

    ReplyDelete
  14. [Selvantis]


    His longswords at the ready and his ears flicking as he listens for any movement, he creeps alongside his ranger brethren, keeping within arms reach and watching his back as the two progress into the oppressively tense room. He sniffs the air, his nose wrinkling as he tests for any foul scents.

    Tech:
    Move to G4, Perception +9, Stealth +3, maintain readied action and focus on protecting Tak-Tha

    ReplyDelete
  15. [Nevdor and Selvantis]
    Nevdor slides into the shadows, nearly invisible as he proceeds northward. Peeking around the corner he sees two bone-filled pits (one east, one west). Standing on the far side of each pit are skeletal archers (three in the east, four in the west).

    Nevdor motions for Selvantis to hold up, lest he be detected. The archers are not aware of you, yet.

    OOC:
    Natural 20 on Nevdor's stealth! See the Vitals tab for an update of the map showing the skeletons. I halted Selvantis at H6, but if you want to go to your planned G4, let me know. You might be spotted, however.

    ReplyDelete
  16. [Selvantis]

    Heeding the rogues advice, he slips back against the closest pillar, pressing his back to it as the rest of the group catches up.

    Hold at H6, shift against the column at G6. Where is everyone else moving to? Would Nevdor have gotten to Tak-Tha in time or did he make it across without being spotted?

    ReplyDelete
  17. [Tak-tha]
    Tak-tha manages to cross the open hallway without getting spotted.

    Tech: Good stealth rolls. Given there was some monster reveals, you can opt to be where you're at (H2) or choose to have stopped early (like Selvantis). I will assume you stick with H2 unless I hear otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. [Ashton]
    Ashton heads east to round the corner, looking first to spot the skeleton archers.
    Tech: I had you stop early, but if you want to continue to L7, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOC: Both stopping there, and the flamy-dude icon in Vitals are a-ok by me.

      Delete
  19. [Ashton]
    Perception +8, History +10 to identify the voice/direction of the voice.
    The voice echoes all about, making it impossible to determine the source.

    ReplyDelete