- The stony floor has patches of swamp here and there, giving treacherous footing. Here and there, blasts of fire erupt from them.
- The ceiling is lost in thunderous storm clouds, threatening to unleash a torrent upon you.
- Nearby, the feast table. Those sitting around it are not dead, but wraith-like versions of all of you. They have white-hot eyes that smoke with rage, but they do not rise from their seats... yet.
- The pillars and the large ring. This time, the letters on the pillar are blurry and indistinct and nearly unreadable.
- A familiar treasure chest at your feet, with the three-digit combination-lock.
- A nearby wall reads, "Use a proper key," with a key-hole and three buttons beneath it.
- An altar upon which rests a single lit candle (which burns stronger than it should be), and a wooden bowl with copper coins.
- Two enormous, faceless statues of robed humans loom over you, nearly 50 feet tall. When you see them, two words comes instantly to your mind - The Dominion. Where their faces should be are, one is flat and is carved in a bas-relief two angels who recoil in horror at something between them, but that space between is blank and shimmers slightly. If you have any command over magic, you sense an aura of illusion there. The second statue's face is a large iron, barbed gate upon which many corpses are impaled.
- Strewn about you are large chunks of statue, potentially a third like the two that stand before you, now nothing but destroyed rubble.
A deep rumbling laughter is heard from somewhere in the clouds above, echoing all about this bizarre chamber. Then it emerges, a massive beholder the size of a small moon!
Fortune shines on you though, it seems. All of your wounds are healed. Any debilitiations you had are gone. Except for Sorne it seems, who falls to the floor, wracked with pain. He seems to be transforming?
OOC: This is the final encounter and will finish up the game. Distance and location in this chamber has less meaning than in the normal world, given a beholder the size of a Death Star is somehow descending on you in this chamber.. Thank you for sticking with me. Good luck!
Haargarth - I have an email coming to you to explain what happens to you prior to coming here... will try to get it to you by Sunday. Also, some loose ends from the previous post - just plain out of time at the moment, will address... gotta run!